Plain chocolate 90 gms
Unsalted butter 150 g + extra for greasing
Plain Flour 125 gms (1 cup)
Cocoa powder 15 gms (1 tbsp)
Soft light Brown sugar 300 gms (1 1/4 cup)
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Salt a pinch
Vanilla extract 1 tsp
Chopped pecan/walnut 100 gms (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 180• C / 350• F. Grease a non-stick baking tin with butter
2) Break the chocolates into a bowl placed above another bowl of simmering water.
3) Once the chocolate starts melting add in the butter and stir occasionally. Once they are melted let it to cool.
The chocolate and butter can be melted in the microwave.
4) Sieve the flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt.
5) Beat the eggs and add the vanilla extract and the sugar and stir well.
6) Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture and stir.
7) Add the flour mixture and the nuts if it is used.
8) Pour the mixture into the baking pan and place it in the pre heated oven for 35-40 mins.