Loved the shrimp scampi at grand lux and def. wanted to try that. The try was good and Samyu loved it.
Shrimp 1 lb
Olive oil 3 tbsp
Butter 4 tbsp
Garlic finely minced 5
Shallots finely chopped 3
Black pepper powder 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Red chilly flakes a pinch
Lemon juice from 1 lemon
White wine 4 tbsp(cooking wine)
Dry Basil 1/2 tsp
Dry parsley 1 tsp
Dry coriander 1/2 tsp
Dry oregano 1/4 tsp
Dry thyme a pinch
Crush all the dry herbs into fine powder
1) Marinate the shrimp with salt and pepper for 10 mins. Cook it in a microwave for 4 mins sauté it in between. Remove the excess water and keep aside.
2) Cook the spaghetti in water until it is 3/4th cooked. Drain the water having 1 cup of water.
3) In a pan add 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil and add the minced garlic and chopped shallot and sauté well.
4) Add the chilly flakes and the crushed dry herbs then add the water that has been set aside from cooking shrimp.
5) Add the lemon juice and white wine and let it cook for a few mins.
6) Add the remaining butter and one tbsp olive oil and when butter melts add salt and pepper and add the shrimp and pasta and mix together.
7) Add the pasta cooked water set aside and let it cook until the spaghetti and shrimp are cooked.
8) Finish it with olive oil and parsley and serve hot.