|Roasted Bell Pepper (Capsicum) and Peas Curry|
A similar recipe was shown on a popular TV show, substituted few ingredients with the best possible, available ingredients. The taste was very good.
|Big Green Bell Pepper||1 nos|
|Green Peas||1 cup|
|Large Onion||1 nos|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||2 tbsp|
|Cinnamon Sticks||1-2 nos|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Red Chili Powder||1 1/2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||2 tsp|
|Cumin Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Grated Coconut||1/2 cup|
|Olive Oil||1 tbsp|
|Cooking Oil||2 tbsp|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||To Garnish|
1) Preheat oven to 400°F. Make thin incisions on Bell Pepper and place it in a roasting pan and pour olive oil over it and roast for 40-45 mins.
2) Remove the skin and deseed the roasted peppers and cut into small cubes. Cook peas and keep it aside.
3) Soak the grated coconut and cashews in water for 15-20 mins and grind them into a fine paste.
4) Heat oil in a pan and add the whole garam masala, once they splutter add the onions fry until translucent and add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a min.
5) Add turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt and saute for a min and then add the finely chopped tomatoes saute for 2-3 mins. Add half a cup water.
6) Once the tomatoes are well cooked add the coconut cashewnut paste and cook until the raw smell is gone.
7) Add the peas and roasted bell pepper and cook for 5 more mins.
8) Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with roti or pilaf rice.
Note: The gravy/curry can be used as a base for various vegetable curries.