|Simple and Easy Chicken Biryani|
This is one of the first dishes I have blogged long time ago. Updated it to my current standard of cooking. The biryani is easy and for beginners, where the rice and chicken are cooked together in a pressure cooker.
|Basmati Rice||2 cups|
|Chicken cut into large pieces||1 lb.|
|Onion Sliced||2 nos|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||2 tbsp|
|Green Chilies||2-3 nos|
|Chili Powder||2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Black Pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Bay Leaves||1 nos|
|Lime juice||1-2 tbsp|
|Fried Onions||1/2 cup|
1) Marinate the chicken in the yogurt, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, salt, finely chopped green chilies, one tbsp ginger garlic paste, half of the whole garam masala, half of finely chopped tomato, half of fried onion, ghee, lime juice and mint & coriander leaves. Let it marinate for at least for an hour or two.
2) Soak the basmati rice for 30 min's and fry in ghee for few min's (frying is optional) and set aside. Soak the saffron in the warm milk.
3) Heat oil in a pan and add the remaining whole garam masala, ginger garlic paste and the chopped onions and sauté for few Min's and add the tomatoes and slit green chilies.
4) Add the marinated chicken with all the marinade and the saffron soaked milk. Sauté for a few min's and then remove from heat. Measure the liquid in the gravy and add remaining water enough to cook rice. (Rice:Liquid is 1:1.5 ratio)
5) Pressure cook the rice and gravy mix on medium high until pressure is released. Add the whistle and simmer it for 10-12 min's. (No whistles).
6) Once the pressure reduces remove the lid and garnish with the remaining fried onion and chopped coriander and serve with raita or any curry dish.