Golden Fried Baby Corn would make a nice evening snack. I have tried it a few times and has come out well. Selvam liked the snack very much.
One small packet of babycorns (approx 8-10),
oil for frying,
Vinegar - 1tsp.
Maida 4 tbsp,
Cornflour 3 tbsp,
Chilli powder - 1 tsp,
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp,
Ginger - garlic paste - 1 tbsp,
a pinch of Baking powder,
a pinch of ajinomoto (Optional, i never use ajinomoto),
Salt to taste,
1) Mix all the ingrediants for batter of medium consistency.
2) Cut and clean the baby corn into 2/3 pieces each.
3) Marinate the babycorn in the vinegar, half portion of the ginger-garlic paste and little salt for about 10-15 mins.
4) Add the marinated baby corn into the batter and mix them well.
5) Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the baby corn few at a time.
This makes a nice saturday evening snack when served with hot and spicy tomato sauce. You can enjoy this with a cup of hot Tea.