This is a very quick rasam...i hardly takes 10 mins to prepare this rasam. I am not a great fan of rasam and Selvam likes to have it, so i have just tried to cook this for him. This is one of my own recipe.
1 big Tomato,
crushed garlic 2-3,
Rasam powder(i use the readymade Shakti masala) - 1 tsp,
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp,
Jeera powder - 1/2 tsp,
Pepper powder/crushed black pepper - 1/2 tsp,
tamarind paste(i use a little of it),
Little cooked toor dhal or just the water used to cook the toor dhar(optional),
salt to taste,
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp,
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp,
Dry red chilly - 1,
1) First fry all the ingrediants for seasoning and then add the garlic and fry for a minute.
2) Add the tomato (cut into very fine piceses or crush them) to it and fry them and then add all the spices to it and let it cook for 2-3 minutes until the tomato softens.
3) Add the tamarind pulp to it and let it cook for another 5 mins.
4) Add the cooked dhal/thick dhal water to it and let it come to a boil and stop it.
5) Add some corriander leaves to it and server it with rice.