|Fish Fingers - South Indian Style|
The fish fingers served at Anjappar has been our favorite dish. As the kids enjoy finger foods, I had tried this fish fingers which turned out quite tasty. This fish finger is marinated with south Indian masala.
|Firm boneless fish cut finger size||10-12 nos|
|Bread Crumbs||1/2 to 1 cup (As required)|
|Oil||For Deep Frying|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tsp|
|Chili Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Cumin Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Pepper Powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/4 tsp|
|Mustard Powder (Optional)||1/4 tsp|
|All purpose flour||2 tsp|
|Lemon Juice||2 tsp|
1) Mix all the ingredients listed for marinade and apply on the cut and cleaned fish fingers and marinate it for 15-20 min's.
2) Beat the egg in a small bowl and spread the bread crumbs on a plate.
3) Heat oil in a shallow pan. Meanwhile prepare the fish fingers for frying.
4) Take the marinated fish fingers and dip them in the egg wash and then roll it on the bread crumbs so that they are in cylindrical shape.
5) Fry them in the heated oil for 4-6 min's or until cooked thoroughly. Make sure to put the oil on medium heat, otherwise the bread crumbs will be overcooked and the fish undercooked.
6) Serve hot with mayonnaise.