|Gajar Ka Halwa|
Carrot Halwa is a simple and easy to cook dish. The basic dish can be done with just four major ingredients. You can add the spices and garnishing to enhance taste and look.
|Carrot Grated||1 cup|
|Cardamom Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Saffron (Optional)||2-4 strands|
|Nutmeg (Optional)||a pinch|
|Raisins roasted||5-6 nos|
|Cashews roasted||5-6 nos|
|Almonds/Pista Silvered (Optional)||2-3 nos|
1) Heat the ghee in a pan and add the grated carrot and sauté for few(10-12) min's until the raw smell disappears.
2) Add the sugar and sauté for another 1-2 min's and add the milk into it and let it cook until the carrots are cooked and tender.
3) Meanwhile soak the saffron in 2-3 tbsp of warm water or milk.
4) Mix the soaked saffron, cardamom powder and nutmeg into the Halwa.
5) Garnish with the raisins, cashews and other nuts if using them.
6) It can be served hot and tastes yummy when served with cold vanilla ice cream.
|Carrot Halwa with Condensed Milk|
|Note:* You can adjust sugar according to your taste. You can also substitute or add half quantity of condensed milk to make it more rich. Khoya is mostly used in this dish. I do not prefer to use it.|