|Corn Citrus Rice with Herbs|
Corn Citrus Rice with herbs is with simple flavors, yet tasty and easy to cook. It is the kind of rice cooked and served in restaurants. It is usually served with roasted or grilled or baked or broiled Chicken or Fish or Salmon. I have tried to cook the rice similar to the rice served in Chili's, which is served along with beans and chicken or fish.
|Long grain rice||2 cups|
|Corn Kernels Canned/Cooked||1/2 cup|
|Onions finely chopped||1/4 cup|
|Garlic crushed||3-4 nos|
|Cilantro Chopped||1-2 tbsp|
|Parsley Chopped||1-2 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||2-3 tbsp|
|Chicken Stock (Optional)||4 cups|
|Olive oil/Butter||1-2 tbsp|
1) Wash and soak rice for 5-10 min's and set aside.
2) Heat oil in a wok or pan and add the onions and garlic and sauté until the onions are caramelized.
3) Drain and add the rice and sauté (lightly without breaking or smashing the rice) for 2-3 min's.
4) Add the corn, cilantro, parsley, pepper and sauté for 1 more min and then add the chicken stock or water and adjust salt. Let it cook for 15 min's or until the rice is well cooked.
5) Add lemon juice and serve with roasted or baked fish/salmon/chicken or vegetables.
Note: For a more zesty flavor, you can add the lemon zest and one tbsp of butter.