|Sweet and Tangy Brinjal/Eggplant Curry|
|Brinjal(Thin and long)||500 gms|
|Medium sized Onion||2 nos|
|Tomato Peeled and crushed*||2 nos|
|Ginger-Garlic Paste||2 tbsp|
|Paprika/Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||2 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Mustard Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Tomato Paste||2 tbsp|
|Brown Sugar||2 tsp|
|White Vinegar||1 tbsp|
|Olive oil||3-4 tbsp|
|Mustard Seeds||1 tsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1 tsp|
1) Cut the Brinjal into diagonal slices and fry them in a fry pan separately until slightly softened. Sprinkle some salt.
2) Heat oil in another pan and add mustard seeds and cumin, once they splutter add the onions and saute them for a min and add the ginger-garlic paste.
3) Add the turmeric, paprika, coriander powder, garam masala and mustard powder and saute until the onions are translucent.
4) Add the brinjal and saute well and then add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar and vinegar and mix well.
5) Let all the spices combine and cook well. Garnish with coriander leaves and server with rice or roti bread.
Note:* Microwave the tomatoes making four straight lengthwise incision for 5 mins. Let it cool for 5 mins and then remove the skin and crush the tomatoes.