Mushroom in onion and tomato gravy is very tasty and easy to cook. It is good to be served with pulao rice or roti.
|Mushroom Sliced||1 lb|
|Onions Large Cubed||3 nos|
|Tomatoes Crushed/puree||1 small can|
|Ginger Crushed||1 inch stick|
|Garlic Crushed||4-5 nos|
|Green Chili||1 nos|
|Red Chili Powder||2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Cumin Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Yogurt whisked||1 cup|
|Cashew nuts||2-3 tbsp|
|Olive Oil||2-3 tbsp|
|Cinnamon small stick||1 nos|
|Bay Leaf||1 nos|
1) Boil water in a sauce pan and add the cubed onions. Let it cook for 4-5 min's or until softened and drain the water.
2) Boil water in another pan and add the sliced mushrooms and let it stay for 2-3 min's and drain the water and set aside.
3) Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add the crushed ginger & garlic, canned tomatoes and tomato paste. Sauté for a 2-3 min's.
4) Add the turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder. Sauté for couple of min's until the raw smell disappear. Let the tomato masala to cool down.
5) Add the boiled onions, cashews and tomato masala into a blender and puree.
6) Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the whole garam masala listed under the tempering ingredients, green chili, pureed masala and let it cook until any raw smell of the masala disappear.
7) Simmer the stove and add enough salt and whisked yogurt and mix them. Add the mushroom and let it cook for 2-3 min's.
8) Serve with pulao rice or roti.