Cool Strawberry Granita tastes even better during a terrible hot summer day. It is made with simple ingredients but the process and freezing consumes some time.
|Fresh Strawberry||3 cups|
|Sugar||1 Cup (or according to taste)|
|Lemon Juice||1-2 tbsp|
1) Blend the chopped strawberries, water, lemon juice and sugar together.
2) Place it in a strainer and strain it. Discard the seeds and have a smooth strawberry mixture.
3) Add the strawberry mixture into a big box(freezer safe) and freeze it for 40-45 min's.
4) Take it out of the freezer when it starts to freeze on the sides and still wobbly at the center. Use a fork and scrape the frozen parts from the sides to the center and return back to the freezer. Make sure to scrape the entire mixture well.
5) Repeat the process in step-4 every 30-40 min's for a couple of times. Freeze it for couple of hours or overnight.
6) Remove from freezer and scoop the strawberry granules into a cup and serve immediately. You can return the box into the freezer and use it within a couple of days.