|Sweet & Spicy Lamb Curry cooked in red wine|
|Plain Flour||5 tbsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Corriander powder||1 tsp|
|Red chilly powder||1/2 tsp|
|Medium Sized Red Onion||3 nos|
|Ginger garlic paste||3 tsbp|
|Green Chilli||2 nos|
|Cumin Seeds||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tsp|
|Tomato Paste||1 tbsp|
|Red Chilli Flakes||1 tsp|
|Red wine||1/4 cup|
|Brown Sugar||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Crushed black pepper||1/2 tsp|
1) Mix plain flour, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric and salt. Add the lamb to it and toss it.
2) Add oil in a frying pan and fry the lamb until it turns brown and set aside.
3) Meanwhile add fry the onions in a saucepan and add the ginger & garlic paste and green chilli and saute until the onions are tender and caramelized.
4) Add the cumin seeds, tomato paste, garam masala and brown sugar for 3-4 mins.
5) Add the browned meat, salt, chilli flakes and red wine and mix.
6) Add the tomatoes and sprinkle the black pepper saute it for a minute and add enough water(Good enough to cover the meat and cook for 2 hours).
7) Cook on medium-low heat for about 2 hours or until the lamb is cooked well and the sauce becomes thick. Serve hot with steamed rice, pulao rice or roti.
Note: Indian meat(mutton) takes a lot longer to cook, you can leave upto 2 wistles before you start on the step 1 and remove the excess water from the meat.