|Spicy Potato fried in Indian Spices|
|Medium sized Potato||5 nos|
|Ginger-Garlic paste*||1 tbsp|
|Mustard Seeds||1 tsp|
|Pepper powder||1 tsp|
|Red Chilly Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Cumin Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Curry Powder***||1/2 tsp|
1) Cook potato with skin in pressure cooker or in a saucepan filled with enough water and add salt to it. Once cooked remove the skin and cut the potatoes into cubes.
2) In a pan add oil and let it get hot and then add the mustard seeds and once it splutter add the Asafoetida and curry leaves.
3) Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a min.
4) Add the spice mixture to the oil and fry for a few seconds, be careful not to burn the spice mix.
5) Add the potatoes and mix them without smashing them.
6) Let it fry for few mins and add the pepper powder and adjust salt as needed and fry for 2-3 more mins. A nice spicy potato fry is ready to be served with Roti, Rice and Lentils(Dal) or Korma.
* You can use ginger powder(1/2 tsp) and garlic powder(1/2 tsp) instead of the paste.
** Spice mix - adjust quantity according to your taste buds.
*** Curry powder can be replaced with Sambar powder or another 1/2 tsp Garam Masala.