|Mirchi ka Salan with Brinjal|
|Full Long Green Chilli||4-5 nos|
|Chilli Powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 1/2 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Tamarind Pulp diluted||2-3 tbsp|
|Thin Coconut Milk/Water||1 Cup|
|Whole Black Pepper||1 tsp|
|Grind To Paste:|
|Big Onion (Fried)||2 nos|
|Ginger||1 inch piece|
|Dry roasted Peanuts||4 tbsp|
|Sesame seeds||2 tbsp|
|Curry Leaves||Few strands|
|Nigella Seeds||1 tsp|
|Fenugreek Seeds||1 tsp|
|Chopped Green Chilli||1 nos|
|Coriander Seeds||To garnish|
1) Heat oil in a pan and fry the green chilli and set them aside reserving the oil in the pan.
2) Meanwhile slit the brinjal lengthwise into four pieces and fry in 1 tbsp oil.
3) Add the ingredients for tempering in the pan and once they splutter add the ground paste to it and fry for 10 min or until the raw smell of the masala disappears.
4) Add the Turmeric, Chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala to the mixture and let it cook for 1 min.
5) Add the ground peanut sesame mixture cook it for another 2 mins and add the fried brinjal and mix it without smashing the brinjal.
6) Pour in the tamarind pulp, the thin coconut milk or water and peppercorns and simmer for 15 mins.
7) Remove from heat and garnish with coriander and add the fried chilli to it and serve hot with briyani.
Note: Make small incisions on the green chilli and fry them so that they don't burst out. You can also prepare just the salan without brinjal.