|Fish in Thai Red Curry Sauce|
Very tasty Thai red curry sauce which can be used as a base to cook several dishes. The dish is slightly modified using the ingredients available in the local market.
|White Fish||1 lb|
|Large Onion||1 nos|
|Thai Red Curry Paste||3-4 tbsp|
|Coconut Milk||1 cup|
|Green Chili||1 nos|
|Fish Sauce/Soy Sauce||1 tsp|
|Brown/Palm Sugar||1 tsp|
|Kaffir Lime Leaves/Lemon Rind||1-2 nos/1 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tsp|
|Cayenne Pepper Powder(Optional)||1/4 tsp|
|Dried Basil||1/2 tsp|
|Fresh Basil||5-6 leaves|
|Chopped Parsley||To Garnish|
1) Clean and cut fish into large cubes and marinate fish with salt and turmeric powder for few Min's.
2) Heat oil in a fry pan and fry a 2-3 Min's on each side and set aside.
3) Heat oil in a large sauté pan and sauté the onions for 1-2 Min's and then add the red curry paste sauté for few Min's until the raw smell disappears.
4) Add the lemon rind/lime leaves, green chili, fish sauce, sugar, Cayenne pepper powder and the coconut milk, water/stock and simmer for 8-10 Min's.
5) Add the fried fish to the curry and let it cook for another 10 Min's.
6) Add the dried basil, and then garnish with fresh basil and chopped parsley.
7) Serve hot with steamed rice or flavored rice.
Note:* Usually peanut oil is used for this dish. You can use olive oil or canola oil or vegetable oil.
You can also add vegetables like carrot, zucchini, mushroom to this curry.
You can replace fish with chicken or vegetables or shrimp.
You can make you own red curry paste using the recipe Red Curry Paste or use a readymade paste.