|Indo-Chinese Schezwan Vegetable Fried Rice|
After a short break, back with one of my favorite dish, Indo-Chinese Schezwan Vegetable Fried Rice.
|Cooked Rice*||3 cups|
|Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce**||2-3 tbsp|
|Soy sauce||1 tbsp|
|Worcestershire sauce (Optional)***||1 tsp|
|Spring/Green Onions Chopped||4-5 stalks|
|Garlic Chopped||4-5 nos|
|Ginger finely Chopped||1/2 tsp|
|Red Chilies||1-2 nos|
|Carrots finely chopped||1 nos|
|Cabbage Shredded||1/2 cup|
|Capsicum Chopped||1 small|
|Beans Chopped||4-5 nos|
|Olive oil||3-4 tbsp|
|Sesame oil||2 tsp|
1) Heat half the olive oil in a pan and add the hot chili sauce and let it cook for 2-3 min's or until the raw smell disappears.
2) Add the soy sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce (if using). Schezwan sauce is ready. Remove it and set it aside
3) Heat the remaining oil in a wok and add the red chilies, chopped green onions, ginger & garlic and all the chopped vegetables. Sauté them until the vegetables are just cooked and crisp.
4) Add the Schezwan sauce and sauté it for a min and then add the cooked rice and toss it and let the flavors blend in for a couple of min's. Do not over mix otherwise the rice would get smashed up.
5) Sprinkle pepper and adjust salt as required. As you are using soy sauce and other sauces, they contain salt already, therefore taste the food and then add salt as required.
6) Drizzle sesame oil and toss the rice.
7) Serve hot with just tomato ketchup or with any indo-Chinese curry.
Note: * Rice needs to be cooked 90-95%. You can use any long grain rice or basmati rice or just use raw rice.
** You can make your own hot chili sauce by just soaking 6-8 red chilies in warm water for 10 min's and then grinding it. Cook it in a little oil adding salt, one chopped garlic, 1 tsp vinegar, 1 tsp soy sauce and a little water.
*** If you are a pure vegetarian do not use this sauce. It contains anchovies. Check the label for details.