Thursday, May 07, 2009

Curd Rice

Few of my friends have been asking for more of vegetarian recipes, I thought i will add more of vegii ones. So thought of adding my favourite curd rice.

This is a special delicious one, but don't add the optional items given, to your everyday curd rice, it would add on to your calories.



Ingredients:

Well cooked rice 1 cup,
Curd 1/2 cup,
Milk as required,
Salt as required,
Butter(Optional) 1 tbsp,
Fresh Cream(Optional) 1 tbsp

For Seasoning

Mustard 1 tsp,
Black gram Dal 1 tsp,
Green chilly 1,
Dry Red Chilly 2,
Few Curry leaves ,
Few Coriander leaves
Oil 1 tsp

Preparation:

1) Cook the rice well and add milk to it and smash the rice.
2) Add oil to a small tawa and fry the ingredients for seasoning.
3) Add it to the rice.
4) If you like add the butter and cream to the rice and refrigerate it.
5) Then add the curd and salt 1 hour before you are ready to eat.

My cousin has been asking me to add the quantity for each of the ingredients, so I started adding them approximately from this post and will update the older ones soon. But the quantity are indicative and it can be modified based on individuals taste buds :-).

No comments: