Basmati rice 4 cups
Big onion 1 nos
Ginger Garlic paste 2 tsp
Green Chillis 8 nos ground into a paste
Whole garam masala (4 cloves, 1″ cinnamom, 1 elachi, 1 star anise, 1 bay leaf)
Pudina leaves from 3-4 strands
Ghee 2 tbsp
Oil 1 tbsp
salt to taste
Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves chopped
1) Soak basmati rice in water for min 30 mins. Drain and fry the rice in 1 tbsp ghee for a few mins and set aside.
2) Add oil in the pan and fry the onion, ginger garlic paste, ground chillies and then add the spinach and fry until the raw smell is gone.
3) In a pressure cooker or rice cooker, add 8 cups water and add all the whole garam masala and let it boil for few mins and then add rice and the spinach and mix well.
4) Top it up with the remaining ghee and sprinkle the chopped corriander and garam masala powder and let it cook.
5) It can be served with raita. A cucumbar raitha tastes good with this.