|Grated Mango Pickle (Mangai Thokku)|
|Big size raw Mango||1 nos|
|Fenugreek Seeds||1 tsp|
|Asafoetida Powder||3/4 tsp|
|Sea Salt||1 tbsp|
|Sesame/Gingelly Oil||1/4 cup|
|Chili Powder||2 tbsp|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 tbsp|
|Cumin Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Lemon Juice||2 tbsp|
|Mustard Seeds||1/2 tbsp|
|De-seeded Dry Red Chili||2-3 nos|
|Curry Leaves||A few|
1) Peel and grate the mango and set aside.
2) Dry roast the fenugreek seeds and grind it into a fine powder along with asafoetida and sea salt. Mix red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garlic powder, turmeric powder.
3) Heat oil in the pan and add the items for tempering and once the mustard seeds splutter add the spice powder mix. Keep on low flame and stir well for 2-3 mins so that the spices don't burn.
4) Add the fenugreek, asafoetida and sea salt mix to it and stir for a min and then add the grated mango and adjust salt and cook well for 10 mins.
5) Add the lemon juice and vinegar and cook well until the raw smell of the spices disappear and the oil floats.
6) Let it cool and store it in a air tight container.
Note: Store it in a refrigerator for it to last long. Best served with yogurt/curd rice or lemon rice.