|Tandoori Chicken Biryani|
|Basmati Rice||5 cups|
|Big Onion||2 nos|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 tbsp|
|Green Chillies||5 nos|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 tsp|
|Bay Leaf||2 nos|
|Cinnamon Sticks||2 nos|
|Star anise||2 nos|
|Lemon juice||2 tbsp|
|Chopped Mint Leaves||1/4 cup|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||4 tbsp|
|Fried Onion||1/4 cup|
|Chicken Drumsticks||4 nos|
|Chicken Thighs||4 nos|
|Lemon Juice||4 tbsp|
|Dried Fenugreek Leaves||1 tbsp|
|Ginger Powder||1 tsp|
|Garlic Powder||1 1/2 tsp|
|Onion Powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1 tsp|
|Red Chili Powder*||2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tbsp|
|Pepper Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Amchoor Powder||1 tsp|
|Cinnamon Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cloves Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cardamom Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Mace Powder||1/2 tsp|
|All spice||1/4 tsp|
|Fennel Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Powdered Bay leaves||1/4 tsp|
|Mustard Powder||A pinch|
|Red Orange Color||A pinch (Optional)|
1) Clean the chicken and cut the Chicken thighs into two to three big pieces and make incision on the drumsticks.
2) Mix all the ingredients for tandoori masala and marinate the chicken for 3-4 hours or overnight.
3) Preheat oven to 375°F and roast the well marinated chicken for about 25-30 mins turning sides once in between. Baste oil.
4) Soak basmati rice for 30 mins. Boil enough water adding the whole garam masala, once the water boils add the rice and salt.
5) When the rice is half cooked remove from heat and strain the water.
6) Heat oil in a large pan and fry the sliced onions until they are caramelized and add green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Fry until the raw smell of the ginger garlic paste is gone. Sprinkle the garam masala powder and then saute for a min.
7) Add the tomatoes and once the tomatoes are well cooked add the tandoori chicken and saute for a min or two and remove the gravy mixture.
8) Soak the saffron in warm milk for 10 mins.
9) Layer a large pan with half the quantity of rice, then sprinkle half mint and coriander leaves and layer the remaining rice and sprinkle rest of the mint coriander leaves. Sprinkle the ghee and pour in the saffron soaked warm milk.
10) Finally layer the chicken gravy mixture and close it with a lid and let it cook on low heat for 15-20 mins. Garnish with fried onion and serve with raita.
Note:* You can substitute the list of spices with Ready Made Tandoori Masala and Garam Masala.
You can adjust the red chili and green chilly to make it very fiercer. The above recipe(spices) is suitable for kids to eat.
You can add the juices that got out while roasting chicken into the gravy in step 7, once the tomatoes are cooked.