|Crispy and Tangy Okra|
Crispy fried Okra's cooked in Tangy Tomato Gravy with Achaari masala.
|Tomatoes finely Chopped||2 nos|
|Ginger grated||1 tsp|
|Red Chili Powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Amchoor Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Lime Juice||2 tsp|
|Olive oil||2-3 tbsp|
|Mustard Seeds||1 tsp|
|Fennel Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Fenugreek Seeds||1/4 tsp|
|Nigella Seeds/Kalonji||1/4 tsp|
1) Preheat oven to 400°F. Clean, pat dry and cut the okra lengthwise into four pieces.
2) Spread the Okra on a oven proof plate and sprinkle oil and salt. * Roast them for 10-12 mins and then broil them for 2-3 mins.
3) Meanwhile heat oil in a pan and add all the spices for Achaari masala and fry until mustard splutters.
4) Add the finely chopped tomatoes and grated ginger and sauté for 2-3 mins and then add the red chili powder, coriander powder, amchoor powder and garam masala.
5) Saute until the raw smell of the masala disappear. Remove the pan from heat and add the yogurt into the tomato masala. Simmer and cook for 5 mins.
6) Add the crispy okra into the masala and add the lime juice and let it cook for 4-5 mins. Adjust salt and serve the crispy and tangy okra with Roti or Dal and rice.
Usually the cut okra is fried in a pan, but frying in pan consumes lot of oil to get rid of the stickiness of the okra.