|Baked Ricotta Cheesecake|
Baked Ricotta Cheesecake with a almond meal base. I have substituted the usual biscuit/cracker base with almond meal.
|Almond Meal**||1/2 cup***|
|All purpose Flour||1/2 cup***|
|Unsalted Butter||6 tbsp|
|Ricotta Cheese||15 oz|
|Cream Cheese||4 oz|
|Sour Cream||1/2 cup|
|Caster Sugar||3/4 cup|
|All purpose Flour||4 tbsp|
|Vanilla Extract||1 tsp|
|Orange/Lemon Juice||2 tbsp|
|Orange/Lemon Zest||1/2 tsp|
|Berries (optional)||To Garnish|
1) Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 8" round baking tin with butter.
2) Mix all the ingredients for the base and fill it in the baking tin and press it evenly. Bake it for 12-15 Min's in the preheated oven.
3) Beat the eggs and sugar and vanilla extract. Then add the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, flour, orange juice and orange zest and blend them with an electric blender. Pour it into the cake tin over the base. Tap lightly to remove any trapped air to avoid air bubbles.
4) Bake it in the preheated oven for 50-60 Min's. Let it cool and then refrigerate it until it is cold and sets well.
5) Serve slices topped with berries.
|Note: *You get a nice thin base with the recipe above. If you prefer a thicker base, then you can add a little more of the ingredients in the same proportion.
** You can use store bought almond meal or just make a fine powder of unblanched almonds.
*** You can crumble digestive biscuits or plain biscuits substituting the almond meal and all purpose flour.